- In partnership with Worn & Wound, Unwind In Time contributed an article, Unwind In Time: Purveyors of Unconventional, Historic Style.
- Article posted by Gear Patrol, This Space Age Technology Was a Watchmaking Milestone in 1960, featuring Unwind In Time's Watch, the Bulova Accutron Spaceview "T".
- Article posted by Watch Time, Vintage Eye for the Modern Guy: Hamilton American Classic Chrono-Matic 50 Auto Chrono, featuring Unwind In Time's watch, the Hamilton Chrono-Matic GMT Count-Down.
- Unwind In Time's Hamilton Mount Vernon has been literally "spotted in the wild”! on Jack Whitehall's wrist in Dwayne Johnson's @therock Instagram feed.
- Hamilton Electric Watches With Jarett Harkness of Unwind In Time
- I was honored to contribute to an article for Worn & Wound on the Hamilton Ventura. FROM ELVIS TO "MEN IN BLACK," THE STORY OF THE HAMILTON VENTURA
- See what Style Editor of GQ, Will Welch, has to say about the Hamilton Electric Pacer...GQ-The Stylish Watches 18 Staffers Wear to work.
- I was honored to be featured with a guest post at...Worn & Wound.
- My colleague & friend Mark's site Vintage Hamilton also offers a great selection of Hamilton watches.
Just wanted to let you know how very happy we are to receive our lovely and meaningful watch in such fantastic condition! You probably get these stories all the time, but I'd like to give a short one that's mine. The watch belonged to my Dad. I was born in 1949, and recall that my Mum and I gave it to him for his birthday the first year they were released. My Dad was always a dapper man and was very proud to wear it. He was also very curious about how things worked. He would always take apart anything that interested him, often they were my Christmas toys, and then put them back together, wrapping them up and then placing them under the tree. I wondered if this curiosity was one of the reasons the watch was in such bad shape! In the 80's, I attempted to have it repaired, and the shop that worked on it returned it to me without the flex band, unfortunately. I guess I was lucky to get it back at all, after having to ask for several times. My husband found you, and I can assure you this restoration has brought me happiness and meaning because it is the only object of his I have. I'm looking forward to purchasing a special band and wearing it as proudly as he did!
Thank you so much -Mo, Canada
- John was in complete awe by the watch. After our ring vows I surprised him with my “watch vows.” Just as he designed my ring encircled by 12 diamonds to remind me that I am in his thoughts every hour, I asked that he be reminded that I love him every hour of the day when he looks at his watch. Later, he said “Now I don’t mind checking how late you’re running because I get to look at my watch!” Thank you, Jarett -John & Sarah Jane -CA
- "Like many other collectors of Hamilton electrics and other mid-century Hamilton models, I got used to relying heavily on the expertise, insight and unmatched knowledge of the one and only René Rondeau, who literally wrote the book on the subject. When René retired, I know many collectors who felt a real sorrow. What I didn't know is that René had been working with a young man who became his protégé and dear friend, Jarett Harkness. Jarett, with René's blessing, eventually became his successor, and we're all very lucky he did. Jarett is incredibly knowledgeable about the history of Hamilton as well as the inner workings of the watches themselves, down to the subtlest details. As a dealer he has a great eye for finding the best examples available and offering them to his clients at fair prices, backed up by a guarantee that is much stronger and more generous than that of many other dealers I know or know of. And if a watch I buy needs servicing, I always know it will be done by him personally, and that he will not return it to me until it's ready, after much testing and re-testing. I feel the same comfort level with Jarett as I did with René, and that is saying a lot. I know René must be proud that Jarett has become an expert worthy of the master himself." -Jack, NYC
"I could not recommend Jarett more highly. As a collector of Hamilton Electrics, I consider his wealth of knowledge to be second to none. Combine this with his expertise and obvious passion for these fantastic watches, it makes dealing with him an absolute pleasure. I am looking forward to my next purchase from him immensely." -Paul, UK
"I just wanted to let you know that your cleaning did the trick and the watch is keeping excellent time now. Thanks again for your help with this. I really appreciate it." -Allan, Canada
- The watch is now on my wrist and I am adoring the new look! It is simply stunning with the original dial and polished case. Fabulous...The other key points: The new second hand was a smart addition. The new battery has to help. The Hamilton Booklet is a great touch on the watch history. Thanks for the extra effort on this. Your business card stimulates my mind. Very tasteful. I will let you know how the watch is running after a day or two. Lastly, thanks for the return of my Piaget box! Overall...I am thrilled with the work." -Mike, Denver, CO
- "I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jarett Harkness for roughly 5 years now. I understood (and understand) Jarett to be the ‘heir apparent’ to Rene’ Rondeau regarding repair and servicing of Hamilton electrics. Well, he is that, but so much more. Jarett has fixed and brought back to life so many different timepieces I can’t count. He is talented, responsive, humble and reasonably priced for the high quality of work he performs. I appreciate Jarett a ton and would not let anyone else attempt to repair a timepiece of value to me. He’s simply the best at what he does." -Eliot, Sacramento, CA
- All is well. Just wanted to let you know that the Vega arrived today, three days earlier than estimated by the USPS tracking. They seem to be a little inconsistent lately, but I'll take earlier rather later any time. The Vega is beautiful and back up to snuff!! Absolutely fabulous mint condition. Sheesh, my wife also loves looking at it - doesn't get much better than that. -Dave, Englewood, CO
- "I have known Jarett from Unwind In Time for over ten years, prior to his purchase of Rene Rondeau’s business. During that time, he has overhauled many Hamilton Electric watches (among other brands as well) for me. I have sold him watches. I have bought watches from him. In each and every transaction Jarett has conducted himself with scrupulous attention to customer service. Jarett is truly the only person in the world in which you should entrust your precious Hamilton watches for service. Deal with Jarett with complete confidence in buying or selling as well. Finally, if you are looking for a rarity, Jarett would be the first person I would ask to try to locate one as Jarett has his fingers on the pulse of Hamilton collectors worldwide." -Dave, Canada
“I have been a customer of Unwind In Time for several years now. Jarett Harkness is the consummate professional, and he is perhaps one of the most knowledgeable authorities on Hamilton watches today. Thanks, Jarett!” -Raymund, Dallas, TX
- "I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for the beautiful timepieces that you sent my way. All three are striking and I appreciate the time that you spent pulling the Saturn together. It is always a pleasure working with you and look forward to more in the future. Take care and hope that you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend." -Terry, Albuquerque, NM
"I have been a client of Jarett for many years now. I was not surprised when Hamilton Electric guru Rene Rondeau passed him the baton! For he is an expert in all things Hamilton, plus honest and very friendly. Cannot ask for more!" -Juan, Dominican Republic
"It is nothing less than stunning. Wore it all day yesterday—initially it sped up about 7 seconds but then settled in there for the rest of the day. Today it's staying right where I set it. They really had it together with the 505 didn't they? Thanks again for the superb work and service, Jarett!" -Mark, NYC
Received the watch. Was an emotional moment slipping it on my wrist. Thank you for your care and expertise! -Will, CA
- "I’ve had the pleasure of knowing Jarett Harkness for over 8 years now. Jarett was introduced to me by my dear friend and watch mentor, Sherman Hauser. Jarett sets the bar very high with the quality of the watches he offers for sale, as well as the reliable service and support he provides. Jarett possesses significant knowledge of the Hamilton watch functions and brand, with a very special affinity for the quirky but wonderful asymmetrical Electrics. I have purchased many watches from Jarett: Hamilton Electrics, Hamilton Mechanicals and multiple other mechanical and automatic brands. Jarett also possesses a very high ethical standard and I have come to rely on his considerable expertise. I don’t hesitate to recommend Jarett to anyone who is thinking about acquiring a timepiece, particularly a Hamilton Electric. I really like the new website and look forward to many more years of collaboration and fun. Clearly my family and I highly recommend Jarett Harkness as our go to purveyor of classic timepieces." -Rick, CA
"I run a busy watch repair department for a local jewelry store in San Diego, California. One of our customers brought in for restoration what I thought was an old Hamilton Ventura with an electric movement. We do not have a watchmaker who can repair such a watch with a very unique movement. After doing some research, I found Jarett Harkness at Unwindintime. After a phone discussion, I sent Jarett the watch. He informed me that it was actually a "Pacer" model, not a Ventura. He gave me a plethora of information about the model and its history. He quickly got me a restoration estimate with a couple of original dial color options. My customer gave the go ahead and less than three weeks later I received the watch back in beautiful condition. The quality of Jarett's work is excellent and his knowledge of Hamilton electric watches unparalleled.I would not hesitate to use him again and I would highly recommend him." -Keith, San Diego, CA